Sunday, February 3, 2008

President Hinckley

My emotions have been so near the surface all weekend. I was a little late getting the TV on for Pres. Hinckley's funeral. When I caught the first glimpse of the conference center it looked just like General Conference. Then I realized that the beautiful display of flowers in front of the potium were sitting on the casket of our prophet. I immediately began to cry. It just hit me (again) that our beloved prophet has left this mortal life.

President Hinckley has played such a large role in the church for a very long time. He was so visual through both Pres. Benson and Pres. Hunters presidencies that I do not remember this church without President Hinckley. He is so loving and good. So Christlike and kind. I loved his humor and his testimony. He was so positive and always believed everything would work out. I loved his love for all of us. I never got to meet him, yet I knew him and knew he loved me. I am so greatful to be a member of the church, that we have a prophet of God on the earth.

Thank you Pres. Hinckley for the life you led. Thank you for giving all that you have for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Thank you for touching my life and making me strive to be better. Thank you for loving me. I love you and will miss you. I hope you recieve all the happiness our Father in Heaven can give.
All my love...

4 comments:

Rindi said...

I completely agree. Very well put.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony. You express yourself so perfectly, I love you!

Laura said...

What a wonderful testimony! Thank you for sharing and strengthening others with your light:).

Laura said...

I would like to ammend my comment to say, "Thank you for sharing, because what you said strengthened me." I am trying to say what I mean more directly, even though it makes me somewhat uncomfortable, or I think that it makes others feel uncomfortable. So thanks for strengthening me;).