Sunday, February 3, 2008

A New Kind of Excersize




I love running. Kyle and I have really found a great hobby. We love the runner's high and the pounding of the pavement. I love the emotional stability that it gives me. All of my problems seem to disappear a couple miles into a run. Not to mention the health benefits. But running is a little hard on a body. My leg is still bugging me a little. So....we are changing things up a bit.

Saturday we went on a long bike ride. I've never been a big biker. I feel somewhat clumsy on a bike. I guess it takes some practice (I hope practice will solve the problem). Anyway we had a great time!!! Lots of miles in way less time than running. It was fun!! Plus my leg felt great afterwards. Maybe biking will be a great addition to running!

7 comments:

Shanakin Skywalker said...

It will help your running too! Cross training is really important to keep your legs guessing.
Did you notice on my blog that you've been tagged?

Rindi said...

You always amaze me! I look out my window and think: Biking? Are you kidding me?? Some of us are in the middle of winter here! :)

Brook said...

I could never run (too hard on my joints) but I love biking. The quiet of being outside, the breeze on my face, the sun beating down. Nothing can replace exercise outdoors. If you ever want a friend let me know.

Em Russ said...

Last time I rode a bike I crashed. (And I think I was probably only riding it from my (mom's) house to your (mom's) house. Not pretty, I tell you! You make St. George sound enticing though. This winter thing is way overrated!

Anonymous said...

Isn't biking great! If you want a fun biking activity, take your bike up the Zion canyon. The ride up is a nice little workout, and most of the way back is a gentle slope down. Ride all the way back to the visitors center, and you will have a blast. And then, because you burned off so many calories, stop at the Zion Pizza Noodle for cheese bread and ranch or pasta! Sooo good!

Krista

Laura said...

That is so awesome. I love to bike. Maybe we can go sometime!

Bagley Clan said...

You're always one step ahead of us. Now training for the Ironman are you now Sunny??? Taji is doing great. She put an easy 4 miles in on Saturday and is really enjoying the extra energy this Marathon Training is giving her. Once again thanks for the great Example. We'll all have to meet up at the Hawaiian Iron man!!!