Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursdays

Mondays are hard work and hard to get excited about. The weekend of course is wonderful. Then there is Thursdays. I actually like Thursdays. I like that it is near the weekend. I like that you don't feel so much pressure to go to bed early since your near the weekend. I like feeling like the work week is almost over.

BUT...ever since my kids started school I have hated Thursday evenings. Just wait to all those whose kids are not in school yet, Thursdays will get worse. Spelling tests are always on Friday, meaning studying on Thursday. Homework packets are due on Friday, so last minute homework is done on Thursday. It seems every week I start on Monday trying to get ahead of homework and spelling so that Thursdays are not so frustrating, but it never seems to work. I just finished a couple hours of reading, spelling, math etc. Turns out James was not doing long division correctly, now after 3 pages and a million problems later, James is doing long division correctly. (The math teacher in me could not let it rest!!) Just a side note, James was the first one in his class to pass off his times tables 1-12! Yeah James!

Well everyone is finally settled, excepted Eliese who took a long, late nap. My job is almost done! Good news...Tomorrows Friday!!

Sunee

Oh I almost forgot, at 9:15 Brynn suddenly remembered that she was chosen to read a story to the class tomorrow. Oh how I love picking a book and practicing it a 9:15 on Thursday evening!!!

5 comments:

stalee said...

Sunee I too love Thursdays. It has always been my favorite day. So I guess I will try to enjoy it until my kids get in school. I only have about eight more months. That will be crazy to have Kamree in school. Well hope you survived the night. Love Stalee

stalee said...

Kamree just came in and saw your page and said in a very sarcastic way, " I hope they are having fun." So I said, "why" and she said because I am not there and I miss them. It was very funny.

Dan and Fam said...

Sorry about all the homework. I am not looking forward to that. At least the twins will be doing it all at the same time. Katie

Brooke said...

Love it Sunee! Oh so true and so nice to know we all do it!

Anonymous said...

HA HA! I can laugh now because I think I'd trade for a thousand Thursdays...it's the weekends with teenagers that I dread!