Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cherish Life

Tonight I write in a somber mood. Last night a man in our ward, Bro. Cox, died. He had a massive heart attack. He was not young, he was 70. But because he had children late, his kids were our ages. His youngest is a senior in high school. His daughter and son are also in our ward and we know them very well. James is very good friends with his grandson.

This has made me stop and think a lot. I would like to share a few thoughts. Bro Cox is a very rich man. He lived in a very big home and had all the money you could wish for, to buy any material thing he wanted. But more importantly he was a very good man. He had 12 children, and many grandchildren. He was constantly giving and donating and serving. He was so kind and good. He was an example of what is really important in life. We are grateful to know his family.

When everything in this life is over for us, it will not be the riches that matters. Money is so stressful at times that it threatens to be the focus of life. I know we've all heard this before, but we really need to think about this. IT WILL NOT BE THE EARTHLY THINGS THAT MATTER!

We were feeling down yesterday and knew that getting outside would help, so Kyle and I went for a jog. While we were running past Bro. Cox's house I asked Kyle if there would ever be a good day to die. The answer is really no. As humans we were built with the desire to live. But because we don't know when we will be taken from this earth, we must live so that any day would be a good day to go. We must treat others with kindness, love, honesty and respect. We must repent quickly and forsake our sins. We must study and pray so that we know Heavenly Father. We must keep a record for our posterity. We must love our families every day!

I want to take every opportunity to love and hold and hug. To say a kind word or listen to a story from a child. I want to stop and read a book or play a board game. I want to smile and laugh more. I want to be more Christlike and have more Charity. I want to be the person my Heavenly Father wants me to be.

I pray every day for safety for all of you, for my children, for Kyle and myself. I never want to deal with tragedy. But I must admit to myself that death is not the only thing that takes little children away...time does. All children grow and the only thing I can leave them with is my love and memories. Now is the time to act.

Love like there is no tomorrow. And be thankful for our dear Savior who conquered the grave so that there is always a tomorrow.

Love,
Sunee

8 comments:

Rindi said...

Great post. You are so right, and it was very well written. Thanks for the thoughts! Because of it, I just wrestled, danced and played with Miles and Julia for a half an hour and didn't feel one bit guilty that my kitchen isn't yet clean. Life is ALL about people and relationships...and I am thankful that you are one of the people I love.

♥Shally said...

You said it so well..

Brooke said...

Thanks Sunee! What a great thought to start out my week with!

stalee said...

Sunee the other night I started panicing about what life would be like for the girls if anything ever happened to me. I always think about losing one of the girls, but I stayed awake for about an hour worried the other night. I love life and I love my girls. I want to make every day the best I can. Thanks for the thought.

Anonymous said...

Sunee--you are a breath of fresh air! I love your insights and I love you!

Anonymous said...

Life is precious. Katie

mama bird said...

Thank You for sharing!

Nick said...

Sunee, That was a touching post. What a great reminder to live life to the fullest and take every opportunity to show our love to others! Merry Christmas! Tami